I know some of you have seen my status and the prayer requests for Shirley. Shirley was my supervisor and she has been my "2nd mom" for YEARS and she is also my mom's best friend. She was diagnosed 5 years ago with Ovarian Cancer. It has been a very long road for her... but no matter how bad it got with all the medications, chemo treatments, losing her hair, bad days and good days... she ALWAYS had a smile on her face. ALWAYS joking, laughing and putting others before herself. She would do anything for anyone of her friends (or even a stranger!) She has the biggest heart of anyone I know. She always listens to me when I need to talk or vent, always gives great advice and cares for everyone.
Over the last few months her road has gotten pretty bumpy. She was hospitalized twice and since the second time (before Christmas) she is still there as I write this blog. The doctor's do not think she will make it another day as her breathing has gotten harder and harder to handle. I pray that she is not in pain. As I am very very very sad, actually I cannot even put into words how I feel right now - I know that God has a very special place for her in Heaven... with my Grandmother Faye (who Elizabeth was named after) who also has a battle with cancer. She is going to make one special Angel.... I ask that anyone that reads this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE say a prayer for her and her family or send a positive thought. I know she is just ready to be free of pain and cancer.
I love you Shirley.
No comments:
Post a Comment