Monday, December 7, 2009
*Papa Brown*
The world lost a wonderful man on Saturday morning, my Papa.... Harold R. Brown. He lived in Alligator Point, Florida... about an hour south of us. He lost his battle with lung cancer. Stupid Stupid cancer!! He even stopped smoking 35 years ago!! So, to all my friends and family members that smoke PLEASE PLEASE stop - its never too late. Our family is hanging in there. No one really expected it to progress this fast. It was really a shock to everyone. My dad was down here a couple weeks ago and he looked alright - and within a week he just got so bad my Grammy said. Thankfully, Elizabeth and I were able to go to the hospital on Friday night and say our goodbyes and I am so glad that Elizabeth was able to see him and he was able to see her. He even waved at her too. For that, I am beyond thankful. I know the holidays will be tough and I plan on being there for my Grammy. I am taking a couple days off next week and the week after to be there for her after most of the family leaves since I'm just down the road and most everyone else had to fly or drive in from other states. This is the first grandparent I have ever lost and it sucks... just sucks. I don't know how else to put that. I am truly blessed to have had grandparents and even knew great-grandparents! Not many can say that. We love you Papa and we miss you bunches. We will see you one day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
:( I'm so sorry for your loss, hun.
Post a Comment