Monday, July 21, 2008

Penumonia...

Well Elizabeth's fever, as I previously posted on Tuesday, ended up being a touch of Penumonia. Thankfully we caught it in time so we did not have to go to the hospital or anything. We spent Wednesday night at Urgent Care getting chest x-rays, blood work and an antibiotic shot. On Thursday morning we saw Elizabeth's pediatrician and they put her on two oral antibiotics (she doesn't like them) which now seem to have been GREAT and a life saver! At first I didn't think they were really working as they seemed to make her MORE congested than ever - but they were breaking all of that up & it's almost all gone now.

She hasn't had a fever in a couple days and she looks & feels much better. She is returning to her "normal" self. This morning she went back to daycare and she stuck out her bottom lip when I went to leave, so I had to give an extra special "Mommy Hug" before I left. I know she'll give her teachers a hard time today as she tries to get back into her regular daily routine. Hopefully her regular night time routine will return here shortly as I haven't gotten much sleep the past two nights. She has been sleeping a lot during the day due to the antibiotics and Tylenol, so in turn hasn't been sleeping at night!

Oh well - welcome to motherhood Bonnie!! LOL

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor baby, I am so glad she's getting better!

Marie said...

I'm so glad to hear that Elizabeth is getting better! The first cold is always the hardest but to have pneumonia for the first cold is rough! You did wonderful mommy! I hope you get lots and lots of sleep tonight!

Sheena/H2Mommy said...

Sweet girl! I am glad you all caught it in time and that she's already getting better. :-D