Friday, June 13, 2008

Sad...

Well i got some bad news last night. My mom called and told me a close family friend, Kent Martin, passed away. Who is he you might ask? He was an amazing man and a long time companion of my granny's. I never even knew her husband, my grandfather on my moms side and in a way growing up he was my grandfather. He knew me since i was born. I have pics of him holding me as a baby! He bought my first guitar in 8th grade for me and even helped me and my sister with college expenses! He was always there for us just like a grandfather growing up... I feel terrible bc the past couple years we lost contact as his health had started to decline. I feel so guilty for this and for having him not meet chris, the girls and elizabeth. I cant help but feel guilty. So tonite i said a prayer and asked God and Kent to please forgive me. I am so sorry, I should have made more of an effort. Makes me realize just how precious loved ones are and to not take anyone for granted and that I need to visit family more often too. So Kent, if you can hear me please know we love and miss you. I thank you for everything you've done for me & my family and for being such a wonderful companion to my grandmother for over 20 years.

No comments: